We have some fried pickle lovers in this house.
We usually grab some from the restaurants around here but most of the time they are to soggy, greasy or just expensive.
I found this recipe on Pinterest.com and figured I would give it a try & make them on SuperBowl Sunday!
Let me tell you they turned out amazing! Better then I have ever had before! They were so crispy, not soggy & not greasy!
They other good thing is that they are very inexpensive to make! Most of these products you already will have
2 cups ridge cut pickle chips, pressed between paper towels
1 cup all purpose flour
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups seasoned panko breadcrumbs or any kind of seasoned breadcrumbs
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oil to 350°F – (I used a deep fryer because to me it would give the best results!)
2. Place flour, eggs and panko in three separate shallow dishes.
3. Dredge pickle chips in flour, shaking off any excess, followed by the egg and finally in the panko until fully coated. Set coated pickle chips onto a baking sheet lined with parchment and place in the freezer for about 20 minutes.
4. Remove pickle chips from freezer and fry in batches, for about 5 to 6 minutes.
6. Drain onto paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Repeat until all the pickle chips have been fried. Serve immediately with your choice of dipping sauce.